Thursday, April 03, 2008

I am the Lord's! O joy beyond expression,
O sweet response to voice of love divine;
Faith's joyous Yes to the assuring whisper,
Fear not, I have redeemed thee, thou art Mine.

I am the Lord's! it hushes every murmur,
It soothes the fevered spirit to its rest;
I am the Lord's! it is the child's rejoinder,
Who knows and feels the Father's will is best.

I am the Lord's! O eagerly and gladly,
Triumphantly and gratefully we sing;
I am the Lord's! It is the rock unfailing,
To which our storm-tossed souls in danger cling.

I am the Lord's! yet teach me all it meaneth,
All it involves of love and loyalty,

Of holy service, full and glad surrender,
And unreserved obedience unto Thee.

I am the Lord's! yes; body, soul and spirit;
They're sealed, and irrecoverably Thine;
As Thou, Beloved, in Thy grace and fulness
For ever and for evermore art mine.

Lucy A. Bennett
(Believer's Hymn Book - Hymn 394)

6 comments:

Shine said...

Erm, this link is a bit spiritual, so I thought this might be a better place to post it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article673663.ece

Jaya said...

hey shine, i couldn't access that link. what's it about?

Shine said...

It's about how the man who compiled the human genome came to believe in God.

Jaya said...

oic...that's interesting. will go look for it on timesonline then. thanks.

CARISSA said...

hey mr jaya! stumbled upon ur blogss and i must say it's pretty interesting. but knowing me, i'd still prefer this one. lol!

p.s i din noe u guys go into so detailed stuff in science. boi am i glad i took law. heehee!

anyhoo, this is a beautiful post! :))

take care!

Jaya said...

hey carissa! it's real good to see you here. what a pleasant surprise! oh and the details in my science blog is all in the name of education. ;)