Sunday, January 15, 2012

Everlasting Love

Did He love me when I lay
Dead in trespasses and sins!
Is there, then, no time, no day
Where this wondrous love begins?
No! The Lord who died for thee
Loved thee from eternity.

Doth He love me even now,
Though my faith and hope are dim?
Will He still regard His vow
When I've broken faith with Him?
Yes! He loves thee still the same
As when thou didst love His name.

Will He love me all the way,
'Spite my wayward, selfish will?
O, if I again should stray - 
Tell me, will He love me still?
Yes! Thy failures can but prove
His eternal, changeless love.

Lord, how long I've striven in vain,
Resting not on Love Divine!
Now I know it doth remain
Changeless 'spite each change of mine.
Perfect, peerless, deathless, free
Is Thy love, O Lord, to me.

William Blane

No comments: