Tuesday, April 25, 2006

His Way

God bade me go when I would stay
('Twas cool within the wood.)
I did not know the reason why.
I heard a bolder crashing by
Across the path where I had stood.

He bade me stay when I would go;
"Thy will be done," I said.
They found one day at early dawn,
Across the way I would have gone,
A serpent with a mangled head.

No more I ask the reason why,
Although I may not see
The path ahead, His way I go;
For though I know not, He doth know
And He will choose safe paths for me.

Maude E. Cramer

"Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding:
Whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle,
Lest they come near unto thee." - Psalm 32:9

3 comments:

laikuan said...

sometimes it's not even easy to know whether that is the way He wants us to go. it's always easier to say than to be done when it comes to thy will be done. how sure are we that not even a bit of our emotion is involve? :(

Jaya said...

welcome laikuan! you should join our wednesday Bible study now. we're looking into the will of God. last night we talked about what is meant by being 'led by the Spirit'. sometimes we must realise that we should act upon what the Lord has already shown us clearly and then He'll continue to lead us from there step by step.

laikuan said...

i wish i can jon the bible study there too. :) we'll look to the Lord to lead