Friday, November 03, 2006

His and Mine

My joy, a falling star,
For one brief moment bright;
But God's, the changeless firmament
That holds a changeless light.

My love, the ebb and flow
Of ocean's restless tides;
But His the towering cliff above
That evermore abides.

My trust, the spider's web,
As gossamer, as frail;
His word, the everlasting hills,
Whose strength can never fail.

My peace, a shallow pool,
Soon brimmed and sooner dried;
But God's, an ever-flowing stream
With waters deep and wide.

O rock! O steadfast hills!
Far sky, and river free!
Thy strength, Thy sure serenity,
Thy quietness, give me.

Annie Johnson Flint

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful comparisons, and what comfort to know that He is so much more than what our feeble words and thoughts could muster.

and yeah, you're getting more annie johnson flint ;)

Jaya said...

I've been reading a poem a day by her from this website:

http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/homemake
/annie.htm