Friday, November 10, 2006

The LORD will provide

...and get thee into the land of Moriah, and there offer him up for a burnt offering on one of the mountains which I will tell thee of...[Abraham] went to the place that God had told him of...On the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes and saw the place from afar...And they came to the place of which God had told him. - Gen 22:2-4, 9

And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh; as it is said at the present day, On the mount of Jehovah will be provided. - Gen 22:14

The mount on which the Lord provided was the very place that the Lord directed Abraham to, right from the start. Abraham experienced God's providence as he obeyed and found himself at the right place, the place that the Lord led Him to be in. Do I sometimes wonder why I don't experience the Lord's providence in my life? Then I must ask, am I in the right place? Have I obeyed the Lord's directions? Or have I gone astray with eyes looking down and losing sight of that place, that Jehovah-jireh place?

No comments: