Tuesday, July 08, 2008

In Readiness

My heart is filled with hopes that I
Shall hear a glad shout from the sky,
To take leave of my house of earth
To move to one of matchless worth.

'Tis not the house I value most,
But 'tis the kind and gracious Host
That draws my heart toward heaven's home
Where now my Lord awaits enthroned!

My HEART! Are you in readiness
For Him who sweetly longs to bless?
Does anything thine eyes have seen
Stand as a barrier between?

My HOPE! Are you steadfast of goal,
Fixed on Him who keeps thy soul?
Or do you wish He would not come
'Till all you want to do is done?

My HOUSE! Are you prepared to leave
To other hands that shall receive?
Do you contain one thing to shame
The testimony of HIS NAME?

Let all in house and hope and heart
Be for thy Master set apart!
That when He calls thee to the air
Naught shall cloud thy meeting there.

Elizabeth Byland

No comments: